Parents to Be
This is an inspiring time to get ready for the role of mothering and fathering. A time for getting on the same page in regards to your values, beliefs and dreams for your child, relationship and family.
Participating in this workshop will allow individuals and couples to:
- develop a powerful sense of meaning, purpose and vitality as a parent and partner
- get clear on your hopes & dreams for your child/family and what might get in the way of achieving them
- find clarity in how their relationship influences their child’s health and wellbeing
- discover new ways to balance their lives
- learn new skills in order to cope and communicate more effectively.
As a parent do you want to communicate better with your child? Parent Education is the key.
Would you like to:
- be better at talking and connecting with your child?
- be more effective at helping your child identify and communicate their needs?
- help your child learn to manage and understand their emotions?
- be more effective at helping your child problem solve?
- help to prevent behaviour problems in your child?
- help your child develop healthy relationships and be socially skilled?
Use Parent Education to Tune In To Your Kids
Emotionally Intelligent Parenting
Tuning in to Kids and Tuning in to Teens are both six week experiential, skills based programs that make a positive difference to a child’s development. In a warm, supportive environment parents learn the skills of how to help develop emotional intelligence in their children.
Why is Emotional Intelligence important?
Children with greater emotional intelligence have been shown to:
- have greater success with making and keeping friends and be able to manage conflict with peers
- concentrate better at school, leading to greater academic success
- be more able to calm themselves (self soothe) when upset or angry
- tend to have lower levels of stress, resulting in fewer childhood illnesses
- have more stable and satisfying relationships as adults
- have greater career success . . . emotional intelligence may be a better predictor of academic and career success than IQ
These practical programs contain researched, evidence based approaches that teach parents how to develop emotional intelligence in themselves and their child.
This is What participants are saying about Tuning in to Kids:
Since beginning the Tuning in to Kids Program I’ve already noticed a difference in both myself and my kids. Being more aware of both their emotions and the way I respond, has meant we’ve had fewer “melt downs”, and more meaningful conversations about the way we relate to each other and people outside our family. I’m looking forward to continuing to practice some of the techniques I’ve learned. I really recommend participating if you have the opportunity.
I have found this course to be very beneficial to the relationship with my child. I now think before I discipline my child and I believe we have become closer as a result. My child has a better understanding of his emotions and this will only improve the more I use the coaching techniques. The course has been very interesting and informative and I highly recommend it to all parents.
Having the opportunity to undertake the Tuning into Kids program is one I am so grateful for. The course has been presented in a way that is enjoyable, informative and interesting. It has made me more aware of how I parent our children and also encouraged me to be a little more patient when dealing with certain situations. We have also learnt some great tips to achieve a better outcome when parenting, as well as realising the importance of self care, which as a Mum you often neglect.
Each week I gained greater confidence in using emotion coaching with my children. It was really rewarding to be able to put these newly acquired skills into practice and see the positive effect it had on my children’s behaviour.
If you have the opportunity to undertake this course, I would thoroughly recommend it!
How To Join A Program
Programs are offered regularly and run over 6 consecutive weeks, with a two and a half hour session each week. If preferred the program has also been tailored to a one-on-one intensive format, that can be completed over two full days. This can be delivered in person or remotely.
– To register your interest call:
Deborah on 0421 800 356 or leave a message via my contact page
The 6 week workshop is co-facilitated with Howard Todd Collins from Men and Relationships at: menandrelationships.com.au
You can also view our workshops at www.licensedtoparent.com.au
All communication is confidential.